McKay Securities PLC is committed to protecting your personal information and your rights in line with the privacy legislation.
This Privacy Notice * explains how personal information about you (for example, our clients, shareholders, suppliers, website visitors and members of the public) is used by us.
We are McKay Securities PLC (‘we’ or ‘us’), the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data that you (‘you’ means the person whose data is being processed) provide to us. Our Company Registration number is 00421479 and our Registered Address is 20 Greyfriars Road, Reading, Berks, RG1 1NL.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW
We may process your personal information (information that identifies you as an individual and relates to you) in order to provide the service you have asked for. This includes:
- your personal and contact details - such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information that you may provide in any correspondence between us and in respect of our shareholders provided to our registrars, to enable them to manage our register of shareholders and support other regulatory functions on our behalf;
- financial information you may provide to us – such as bank or other financial details;
- any preferences you may have, including what information you want in email alerts;
- CCTV and access controls in our buildings;
- General correspondence, through letters, email or phone calls and messages;
- information about the use of our websites so that we can personalise the way our websites are presented when users visit them, make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users, such as:
- when you fill in forms (such as signing up to our Email alerts), when you correspond with us (for example, by e-mail or through a form), or when you report a problem with our Site;
- details of your visit to our sites, including traffic data, weblogs and other communications data;
- information about you and your device, such as the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, the type of browser you use, and time zone setting (Device Information);
We may also obtain information about you from third party organisations such as property agents, referral agents, list brokers and credit reference agencies.
We do not process any special categories of personal information (for example, data relating to health, race, ethnicity, politics, trade union membership, sex life, sexual orientation, genetics, biometrics).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only process your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. We use your personal information for several purposes and we have defined the legal grounds for doing so:
- legitimate interests - such as to communicate with you; to manage your shareholding interest in the company and exercise your rights as a shareholder; for web analytics so we can provide, improve and tailor services directly to you; to provide appropriate technical support and security for our websites; or for fraud protection;
- to perform our obligations under our contract with you - such as billing;
- to comply with a legal obligation - such as health & safety purposes; for taxation purposes; to suppress you from mailing lists as requested by you;
- when in someone’s vital interests - such as preventing someone being seriously harmed;
- with your consent - such as agreeing to receive email alerts.
If we need to use your personal information for a different, unrelated purpose, we will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
For information on the reasons and the conditions for processing, please contact the Data Protection Team by emailing the Data Protection Team.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with third party organisations which includes members of our Group. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- third party service providers who act for us – for example, our registrar who manages our share register, the processors that manages our websites; send out email alerts; or manage our IT network. Where we share your information, it is always carried out under our instructions as detailed in writing, or as required by law, and is never for any marketing approaches by them. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete it when it is no longer needed.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If McKay Securities Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of McKay Securities Group, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates, such as property agents. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Transfer and Storage of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
The personal information you provide to us may be transferred and stored outside of the EEA only with prior agreement from the DPC and with adequate written agreement. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and subject to an agreement that the information is kept secure and confidential.
Any personal information transferred will receive an adequate level of protection as required by the Data Protection laws. We will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place prior to any transfer of your data.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
We understand the importance of protecting your privacy and we will ensure your personal information, both on- and off-line, is safeguarded and held securely in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection laws. Appropriate technical and organisational measures have been implemented to ensure personal information is protected and to prevent your personal data from being lost, used, accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This data will be retained in our records for no longer than is necessary to:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with statutory guidance;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Details of retention periods are available on request from the Data Protection Team.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold (this is called a Data Subject Access Request or DSAR). To make a request for your personal information, contact the Data Protection Team.
You also have the right to:
- ask us to correct your information if it is incorrect;
- ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances, for example, where we no longer need the information;
- opt-out of us processing your personal information for marketing purposes’
- ask us to send you, or another organisation, certain types of information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
- restrict certain processing of your information, for example, if you tell us that the information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its accuracy;
If you wish to discuss any of these rights, to make any changes to the personal information we process about you, or, if have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please speak to the Data Protection Team.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/