McKay Securities

Company History

McKay Securities PLC was formed in 1946 by G.F. (Peter) McKay. It was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1959, and today is a property investment company that specialises in the development and refurbishment of quality commercial buildings mainly in the south east of England, which are then held for growth.


The Company started in the residential sector by building and letting out houses and flats, initially in Somerset, Essex and Kent, but thereafter in London. During the early 1950's, the Company developed a number of housing schemes including the Hanger Hill Estate in partnership with Phoenix Assurance.

Since going public in 1959, the emphasis of the Company's business has changed with a focus on commercial projects.

Following shareholder approval to amendments to the Company's Articles of Association on the 28th February 2007, the Company elected to become a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with effect from 1st April 2007.

In February 2014, a Capital Raising was successfully completed to provide additional financial resources to take advantage of the Company's position as the only REIT entirely focussed on business space within the improving markets of London and South East England. The Company raised £86.7m which doubled the stock market value of the Group at that time.

D2 Interactive